Monday, June 29, 2009

Child Sacrifice in Uganda

The other day I was in a police office in Uganda seeing an official. While I was there, someone called, apparently asking about the current state of various problems in Uganda. The officer replied that violent crime was on the decrease, several other problems were on the decrease, but then he said something that really caught my ear. "There now remains only the problem of ritual sacrifice." Then today I picked up several Ugandan newspapers. On the second page of the first newspaper, the same topic again. An article on child sacrifice. Several hundred Ugandan children had written a letter and signed their names begging the president to do something about the problem of child sacrifice. The children said the current state of affairs made them afraid to go to school.

Lord, we have such a very long way to go. Please show us the way. Show us how Every Child Ministries should be involved. Teach us to value our children--not just our own children, but all of our children, the next generation. In Jesus' name I offer this prayer for the children of Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!