Wednesday, April 7, 2010

THIS IS THE REASON I CRY

I got a tear-jerking email this afternoon. I could barely keep my tears off the keyboard as I read it. Another mission organization working in southern Sudan has 300 kids they have rescued--former child soldiers, and they are overwhelmed. Could we give them a home? They have immediate contact with 1,000 on the streets of Juba. Some have been rescued agressively and others have escaped from the LRA.

At times like this I wish ECM was much bigger than it is. We, too, are so stretched. We're trying to do so much with so little. BUT HOW DO YOU SAY NO? HOW DO YOU TURN AWAY FROM SUCH A REQUEST? HOW DO I GET IT OUT OF MY MIND? OR DOES GOD EVEN WANT ME TO DO SO?

This kind of thing puts my heart in a visegrip. I can hardly think of anything else. Some things I can turn away from and say, "That's awful, but that's a responsibility God has given to someone else." I can't say any such thing in this case. This is the very exact kind of thing to which God has called me--us. It is very evident that my mind and heart are going to wrestle with this until God shows us a solution. Right now, my heart is breaking. Lord, help! What do You want us to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!