Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Terrible Silence Has Ended--Daughter Found

Lord, I am sorry for any negative thought I ever had about Kristi's early morning phone calls.  If only she had called this morning.  Or yesterday.  Or...

I took medication to make sure I could sleep.  The second I woke up and looked over at the clock it hit me.  Silence.

I had started this blog this morning, and had to leave it to come to work.  About 9:30, we received a call from our daughter Carrie saying Kristi had just shown up at her place.  We are so relieved.  We had all thought the worst.

Kristi apparently went to visit a friend she met through the mental health program she is in.  Since she normally calls Carrie even to inform her that she is on the bus, leaving without telling anyone is not like her.  When they got to the town where the friend lived, she could not get a bus back to town because of Memorial Day weekend.  She didn't have any cell phone units.  We are all tremendously relieved.

Thank you all for praying.  After this experience, getting ready to take a team to Africa will seem like a breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!