Thursday, April 2, 2015

Who Judges Which Books Are False?

I recently discovered Google Books--a neat way to check out books I want to read but haven't decided if I'm ready to invest in buying them.  A neat way to quickly connect online references for books so that others can check them out.

One slight problem.  I notice that most of the books that we might label "politically incorrect" or that present a conservative viewpoint have been assigned URL's that end in f=false.  Everything else in the URL has to do with the title, except for that final designation.

Hmm.  I wonder who decides these books are false.  I wonder what standards they use.

I wonder, but I've seen enough that I think I can already take an educated guess.

Google, you are now the new censor of the world?  Oh, you're modern.  You don't burn books.  You just label them false.  That keeps them from being used effectively in online reviews.  Clever.

I can only say, that based on my experience and the books I've checked out on Google Books, I'd advise readers to look for the books labeled f=false.  If they do, I think they're much more likely to find the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you!